A1. The problem should be one of the followings:
· In some computer settings, the templates are downloaded without the extension (.xlsx or .xls). You can do one of the followings to open the file:
· Right click the file and click “Rename”. Add “.xlsx” at the and of the file name. And then simply double click the file, it will be opened with MS Excel.
For instance, if you have downloaded the template with name “401k”, rename the file as “401k.xlsx”.
· Double click the file and click “Open”. “Open With” window should appear. Select MS Excel from the list and click “Open”. The file should be opened with MS Excel.
The first solution (adding the extension) is suggested since you will need to follow the instruction only once.
· If you are an Excel 2000 or 2003 user and downloaded an Excel 2007 template, you cannot use the template since it will be opened in octet-stream. We recommend Excel 2000 or 2003 users to download Office 2007 Compatibility Pack to use Excel 2007 templates:
A2. Our temaptes are develped in Excel 2007 format. In order to open them with Excel 2003, you need to download a free Office Compatibility Pack from the following link:
A3. SpreadsheetWEB is a software provided by Pagos, Inc. which allows creating web applications using only MS Excel (without the necessity of programming experience). Most of the functions, charts and features of MS Excel are available for SpreadsheetWEB applications. Also, it provides online features like, saving forms (allows to create a collection of online forms like surveys, questionnaires, requests, etc.), creating authorized user groups, creating online databases and processing the data with SQL functions, etc. For more detailed information please visit:
A4. Most of the templates in our repository are created in 2 versions for the following usage:
1. Desktop Use: For desktop use, you can download the Excel template using the “Download” link of the template.
2. Online Use: This version of the template provides all features of the Excel template and can be used online. “SpreadsheetWEB” (Live-Preview) link displays a sample of the online template. You can use some of the templates like calculators directly from this link. However, some templates are specialized for your own use. In order to use online templates for personal or business purposes you need to get an evaluation account by following the steps in the link below:
Also the “Readme” sheet of the downloaded Excel template will guide you to create your online application.
For more detailed information about SpreadsheetWEB, also refer to Q3 (What is SpreadsheetWEB?).
A5. Uploaded templates are reviewed with respect to certain criteria, such as usability, look-and-feel and content, before they are activated. Review phase can take about a week. You will get a notification mail when your template is approved and activated.
A6. You can use “Contact us” page to inform us about your template request. Your request will certainly be considered. Feel free to write a detailed message describing the template and its fucntionality. We will do our best to include it in our future template list.
A7. You can use “Contact us” page to inform us about your category request. Adding some template ideas about the new category in your message will be helpful. Your request will certainly be considered.
A8. SpreadsheetZONE is a growing template repository. In order to get the latest updates you need to follow the steps below:
· Choose a template that you want to download.
· Click the “Download” link.
· You will be directed to a page that asks you if you want to get the latest update information.
· Enter your email address and click “Download Template”.
You will get an email with the latest uploaded templates by categories every month.